The decisions of the African Commission on Human and Peoples’ Rights are now available on-line through an advanced tool. At the NGO Forum just before the ongoing session of the Commission, the Institute for Human Rights and Development in Africa (IHRDA) and HURIDOCS launched a new online database of jurisprudence of the African Human Rights System, called Caselaw Analyser.
The Caselaw Analyser provides:
- African human rights decisions in English and French available free of charge;
- Automated high quality pertinent analysis;
- Easy browsing of inter-related decisions;
- Quick access of primary case law for each violation;
- Automatic calculation of jurisprudential value of each decision based on frequency of citation;
- Comprehensive key word search;
- Hyperlinks to authorities (laws and cases cited);
- Easy annotation and sharing of commentary on interesting decisions.